Part 88 of 365. Grace in small things.
- I risked looking foolish and tried new machines at the gym today. Mind you, it was only the rowing machine and the Nautilaus treadmill but still...
- Next time I go I'm going to muster up the courage to ask the guy in charge (probably half my age) to show me how to use the various weight machines. I'll never learn otherwise...
- I did one of the fitness tests to find out my cardio capacity, and was pleased to be able to run over 2 kms in 12 minutes. I'm not a good runner either, and I've only just got back into a routine last week.
- It's over 2 weeks since I last drafted this entry, (29thAugust today) and I still haven't asked about the weights machines. But I WILL - on Monday (I hope!)
- But I can now row for 15 minutes without feeling like I'm going to expire, up from my very first effort of 4 minutes. I actually *go* more than 2 1/2 kms in that time too. I love trying to beat my best exertions, but I don't beat myself up if I'm having an 'off' day in training.
No comments:
Post a Comment