Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cookies Part 71 of 365. Grace in small things. Cookies
  • My daughter and I cooked blueberry muffins and chocolate chip cookies together today. She could read and follow the recipe with only supervision and advice from me. Though she is a little frightened of the hand-beaters. (unlike her 6 year old brother who loves them and always wants to beat things -fast).
  • I quite enjoy cooking with one child at a time. It's wonderful to share a love of something.
  • My daughter pronounced muffins 'easy'. "I could make them all by myself" - well excepting the oven.
  • My sons will also learn to cook. They can already do scrambled eggs. And they love to use the box-grater too. (what is it about men and implements?)
  • It feels terrific to know that my children will be independent cooks, and not need to rely on packets or take-away when they leave home. I once had a boyfriend who chuckled that he and his sister lived on take-away for an entire month, and did not repeat anything. How sad. How unhealthy.





1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found you through "In Three Words" where you said your favourite book was Persuasion by Jane Austen. It's my favourite too!

    I am also teaching my children to cook. And I am an Australian too (although not living in USA.)

    ReplyDelete