Part 69 of 365. Grace in small things.
My daughter has needed extra hugs and reassurance lately. She said to me
"Mummy, do you miss us when we're at school? Do you miss me if I' m watching tv in the other apartment?"
What could I say? my answer:
" I quite like being by myself, but you're the most important 9 year old in the world to me, and I love you all the time" and gave her a cuddle.
It's bracing and not a little bit scary how much she needs and relies on me. an important reminder to keep her emotianal tank filled up.
I bought my daughter a silver and bead bracelet from my Chicago trip, which I slipped her today, when she and I were alone. I love it when I choose an appropriate present. Sometimes it's nice to treat people to frivolous and pretty stuff - because you can.
I guess one day, my sartorial choices will be all wrong, and she may act or dress to differentiate herself from me. She will be a teenager. And I'll remember the vulnerable and loving little girl, and strive to see her calling quietly to me from within.
No comments:
Post a Comment