Monday, May 18, 2009

Part 66 of 365. Grace in small things.
  • We shared a meal with another family, outdoors, in the playground this evening. Delicious food, I didn't have to cook, and the children could eat, play, eat some more, wriggle and run around to their hearts' content. So much better than insisting on sitting still, inside voices and boredom on their parts.

  • Last night we had a similar evening, this time a BBQ with the residents of our apartment block. Again the company and conversation was good - and I did not have to cook! (I'm getting spoiled)
  • But I did bake yet another cake - this time for my youngest son's class to celebarate an early birthday. Not every child enjoyed the frosting (lemon flavored with real juice to match the cake) and some said so openly. I just said "not everyone likes the same thing, we're all different" and wasn't peturbed.
  • Hearing and seeing other peoples' kids, makes one feel better about one's own. They're not sooo bratty after all!

  • 6 and 7 year olds say exactly what's on their minds - but I'm trying to model and enforce some sort of politeness and thought for others. My son's frankness is charming and funny now; but give it four years, and he will come across as being an ever-so-slightly-rude smart ass. But other kids are worse...much worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment